I am really loving Quinoa at the moment so I wanted to share a summer recipe with you that I have created which is a mix between a mediterranean salad and a main meal.If you have never tried Quinoa then you must it is really low in fat, gluten free and rich in proteins. I would describe it as a mix between rice and couscous but more crunchy. This recipe I have created is soo yummy and you can have it hot or cold and the flavours of the tomatoes with the mix of peppers and halloumi cheese is just a match made in heaven. It is also so quick and easy to make and you can keep it in the fridge to have whenever your hungry. I hope you like it as much as me 🙂 please let me know what you think if you try out the recipe.
- Quinoa-read serving suggestions on back of packet
- 3 Peppers-any colour but the green, red and yellow are the tastiest
- Baby tomatoes-around 3-5
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- Halloumi Cheese
- Tomato paste or Ketchup
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Cook Quinoa as suggested on the packet.
- Finely chop onion and cook in olive oil in a separate pan until they become soft.
- Wash and chop all the peppers into small slices and cut baby tomatoes in half (like picture bellow)
- Then add the peppers to the onions and let them cook until they become soft around 5-10mins
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste or 1 tablespoon of ketchup to the peppers and onions.
- Next add the baby tomatoes and let them cook for around 3 mins. Then take this off the cooker and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Now slice 4 pieces of halloumi cheese into medium size slices and grill them in a separate pan until they become slightly brown ( constantly turning them over)
- Serve the Quinoa with the peppers in the sauce , halloumi cheese and then add a few olives and sun dried tomatoes on top.